Sunday, January 22, 2017

STRANGE WEEK IN POLITICS

The events of this past week have caused me to do some introspection. I have a responsibility to make things better in my little corner of the world. I must:

AVOID HYPERBOLE

I should strive to speak in truth and NOT exaggeration

"But I tell you that men [and women] will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." (Matthew 12 :36-37)

That means FACT CHECKING my own words when necessary.
"Dear Sue: Do not exaggerate just to score a point in a verbal discourse." (Guess that means I can no longer say, "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse!"

SPREAD RESPECT & KINDNESS

"Bloom Where You are Planted"
"Brighten the Corner, Where You Are"
"Pass it On" - Kindness, that is
Pay it Forward"

Respect must become a GRASS-ROOTS LEVEL movement.

SPEAK UP AGAINST:
  • Racism
  • Bullying
  • Inequality
I must use my rights of free speech as an American when I see something that doesn't benefit ALL Americans.

PRAY
  • That legislative leaders will step up and do what's right
  • That the checks and balances built into our government will work
  • That Americans will start dialoging (listening) to one another
  • That evil around the world will be defeated 

Whew! That's a lot of heavy. It's the only way I know how to personally deal with what's going on in this, the country I love.

Final note to self: "Remember, God's in charge. I read the Book and he wins!"

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8) Moses' advice to Joshua who was taking over as leader of the Israelites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.