Friday, February 3, 2017

WORLD CLEAN-UP DAY

I was dusting my globe the other day when a funny thought occurred to me:

"What if I could clean up the world just like I'm cleaning up this globe?

What would that look like?"




My mind went to some strange places...from inhaling too much dust, I suppose.

If I could really clean up the world, I would:
  • bring peace to the Middle East
  • bring unity and morality to the U.S.
  • provide fresh, clean water to all Third World countries
  • provide healthy food to all communities
  • clean up the air in China
  • turn all guns into squirt guns
  • turn military budgets of ALL countries into Education Budgets
  • put freezer packs on the Arctic so the polar bears could exist
  • seal all fissures under the state of California

Well, the list goes on and on.

I wonder what God thinks when he looks at the messes we're in. Does he wish we would clean up our act--take care of the earth and the societies he's blessed us with?

Perhaps that's what Heaven will be like: a truly pristine place where love, respect, comfort, compassion, and harmony exist. Most of all, there will be the very presence of God himself. Can't wait.

Meanwhile, I must continue to do some soul-searching about how I am responsible to clean up my corner of this dusty old world.

1 comment:

  1. Well-stated, Sue. I need to do that soul searching too. It was good to meet you last evening. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.