Thursday, July 31, 2014

Greetings!

Welcome to my blog. I'm venturing into unknown territory here so please be patient with my learning curve. I am determined to produce something of value for anyone taking the time to read what I share. My goal is to help readers deal with life's issues by leading them to trust God who cares and understands.

  • Growth is important. When something or someone ceases to grow, stagnation sets in. It's important for plants, people, and organizations to keep improving. My posts will focus on a person's development in his or her walk with God. The process is sometimes painful, sometimes happy, but always beneficial if it leads to knowing him more fully. I welcome you to join me on an adventurous journey of growth.

  • Why should you read my blog? Ouch. Valid question. The answer centers on who I am:  a Christian woman with a faith strengthened through surviving various stages and issues of this thing called life. I do best when I remember to rely on God and his resources. The Bible has long guided me and prayer has sustained me through the curve balls life has thrown. I'm a wife, a mother of four grown children, a grandma of ten, a former high school teacher, and a writer. I've experienced the life of a stay-at-home mom as well as that of a full-time educator. I've done it all, just not all at the same time. 

  • You, my readers, are very busy people and I hope to respect your limited time. You are most likely stressed, overworked, over-scheduled, wearing too many hats, trying to do it all, and needing to survive various problems or situations. Here is the good news:  the Bible has answers for whatever issue you are facing in modern life. Really. Convincing you of that is one thing I hope to accomplish through these writings. Stay with me long enough to see for yourself and then proceed on your exciting journey to grow with God.

Thank you for investing your time in reading this blog. I promise to make it worthwhile.



"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth."
(Psalm 145: 18)



17 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sue, for taking the time to start this blog. You've always been a blessing to me. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to do this. You always have words of wisdom and inspiration and I appreciate you. I look forward to following your blog!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Sue. You are putting your God-given gifts and talents to work. You are very sensitive to women's issues. With your faith, knowledge and experience along with the guidance of the Holy Spirt, you will be an instrument of encouragement, wisdom and peace for many women. I, too, look forward to following your blog.

    Fay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words & encouragement. They mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  4. Hi Mom! This will be fun! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see that you are starting a blog. May God bless your words as they head out into the world!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom is a Blogger. Wow! Not sure what to do with this. It was only yesterday that you were jumping onto the internet super highway using dial-up, and I’m pretty sure your cell phone still flips (on the rare occasion that you actually turn it on).

    While your use of technology is not leading edge, your writing has always been “world class”. You are a woman of great wisdom, and I’m thrilled that you are using “social technology” to share your God-breathed gifts with the world.

    I want your blog to be my compass… to help me find True North amidst the pressures of life in this technological age. I desperately need to be reminded to move beyond stagnation, stay on the narrow path and continue to Grow with God.

    Thank you in advance for the investment of time and talent you will make to share the Truth of God’s Word with us.

    Your son, (and Follower #5)
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dan, for your kind words of encouragement. I am proud of the man you are & that includes being a great husband & dad, but most of all a man of faith. Your words mean a lot to me. I'll even forgive you for the technology jab! :) Let's continue to Grow with God together. I love being your mom.

      Delete
    2. I am so proud to call you my friend and look forward to reading your inspiring posts. As with your past devotionals, I know they will help me to grow with God.
      Peggy

      Delete
    3. Your encouragement is incredible. Thank you for all you do for me.
      Sue

      Delete
  7. This is the first opportunity I have had to visit and enjoy your blog......I am loving it!!! As a former English teacher too, I very much enjoy reading your references to students and their lack of desire to write anything if you call it an "essay." I also love how you are giving us "Food for Thought" in our continuous journey to Grow with God!! Thanks, Sue! I will continue to look for future postings on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue,
    Always nice to see a supportive and encouraging blog!
    Blessings,
    Pat Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi grandma, this is Hailey we read your blog and we pray that you bring people to Jesus!! We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful surprise to read your comment, Hailey. Thank you.....I love you all! Grandma Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue,
    I'm sitting here at Cabin Coffee and noticed a card with your blog info. I believe I went to Greenway HS with your daughter, Shelley, and I would love to get in in touch with her! MIght you be willing to forward my contact info?

    Also, I wnated to let you know that I enjoyed your blog posts. What an encourager you are! Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us.

    Thank you!
    Kim Rimbey
    kimrimbey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      I sent your email address to Shelley. Hopefully, you'll hear from her soon. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog. I appreciate your reading. Blessings, Sue

      Delete

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.