Thursday, August 28, 2014

To My Readers


Dear Electronic Friends:

I'm catching on to this Blogging thing. I don't yet have all the bells and whistles of the technology part worked out but I love the writing. My next "growing edge" is to make it look a little more zippy by playing around with background options and colors. I never did like beige. It's so....beige, if you know what I mean. Look for a more colorful presentation in the future. I promise to stay away from eye-damaging neons.

Every day I seem to learn something new about this whole realm of the blogosphere but it seems to be a means of communication today so I'd better jump on board. Getting the word out that God wants to be involved in our lives and help us deal with successful survival is important to me so I will use whatever medium is available. (Shout it from the rooftops? Maybe not.)

If you're reading this, thank you for giving me your valuable time. I hope to honor that with worthwhile posts.


A regular schedule of posting would be beneficial so you know when to click on my web address to read a new entry.

My plan is to publish new posts every Sunday and Thursday



This seems like a good idea. Sunday launches us into the work/school week and then Thursday foreshadows the weekend. I'll start that schedule with the next post, this coming Sunday.


I invite you to become a regular follower and here is how you do that:
  • Just plunk in your email address in the box in the lower right-hand column and you will get a notice in your inbox whenever I post something new. I've tried it and it works.

  • You can create a shortcut on your desktop by left-clicking the little icon next to the blog address and dragging it to the desktop. Release the click and an icon for "Grow with God" should miraculously appear.
  • Some are having trouble posting comments. You click on "Comments" at the bottom, write your lovely thoughts, and hit "Publish". I don't think you have to have a Google account to comment. I'm guessing you use the little pull-down menu to comment as "Anonymous" but I'm not really sure. Help! I need a twelve-year old kid to come to my technological rescue. I would love to dialog with you so I invite your responses.
  • Feel free to use the social media buttons on the bottom to share the blog with the world--or at least your part of it!



Fall Greetings from the Southwest

 

On another note, we here in the Southwest, are facing the most difficult month of the year--September. We've survived the hot, hot, hot summer months and the calendar soon will read Fall, right? Not so. In Arizona we still get some extremely hot days and very warm nights, making for a lot of grouchy people.

Many of us are transplants from the Midwest and can't give up the Four Seasons concept. We even put out pumpkins and hay bales to fool ourselves into thinking it's Autumn when it still feels like summer on steroids. If you're in any other climate you probably are anticipating beautiful Fall or Indian Summer temperatures. Enjoy it for us.

Do you know how quickly a pumpkin spoils when it sits on the front porch in this desert heat? Think pumpkin pie, Folks.

The beauty of the Arizona desert - this is as much fall color as we get!

Happy Approaching Fall Anyway

Talk with you next Sunday and Thursday!

                                                                                                      Blessings,
                                                                                                                    Sue

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.