Thursday, November 27, 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

     What can I say? Thank you for reading my words. I appreciate anyone who gives up a few minutes in their busy lives to do me the honor of clicking on my blog site. Encouragement for Christian Living will continue to be the focus of my writing.

    

 Good Food Surrounds Important Events



     Food is so much a part of Thanksgiving, whether it's traditional, ethnic, or take out. Many Bible teachings center around the sharing of meals or feasts. Maybe God wants us to know he can satisfy our souls just as food satisfies and nourishes our bodies.

Esther - feasts play an important part in the entire story of Esther, from the king's feast, Queen Esther's several banquets, to the Feast of Purim, celebrating the triumph of the Jews.

Feast Days - throughout the Old Testament we see the Israelites commemorating important days of remembrance with large feasts--a way to celebrate God's care.

Wedding Feast in Cana - Jesus chose this celebration to perform his first earthly miracle.

Last Supper - the most important feast of all, just before the Messiah's crucifixion and resurrection.

     Enjoy your holiday meal, no matter what it looks like.

     My prayer for you, my electronic friends, is that you're experiencing a happy, restful, fun-filled day with people you cherish. If you're alone, I offer some verses to remind you God cares and knows your heart:
"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." (Psalm 90: 14)

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" (Psalm 91: 1-2)

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (Philippians 4: 19-20)
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41: 10)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Beautiful lantana adding fall color to our back yard.

(In case you're wondering, I write and schedule these blog posts ahead of time. I am NOT writing this at 5:00 a.m. Phoenix time on Thanksgiving Day.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.