Friday, September 30, 2016

The Pause

I am painfully aware of the PAUSE in my gratitude relationship with God:
  • I pray earnestly, especially when facing a difficult situation.
  • I go through whatever it is, with God's help and direction.
  • I pause.
  • Then I remember to thank God for his help.

I must eliminate the PAUSE and thank him immediately. Then, I will be on the road to cultivating a grateful heart.

I plan to work on it.

Friends: you're allowed to ask me, "How's your pause coming along?"

Some practical suggestions:
  • Keep a Gratitude Journal.
  • Start each day thanking God for something.
  • End each day thanking God for five things that occurred that day.
  • Thank God in advance for answering your prayer.
How is your pause doing? 
 
 
Here is a sample of the lyrics from "Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart" by Don Moen

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
 
And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
 
 Give thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.