Thursday, December 13, 2018

HOSANNA PEOPLE

I browsed through a holiday craft bazaar and spied several small, stuffed dolls hanging on a Christmas tree. They were plain little peasant ladies in burlap dresses and calico bandanas. Each carried a paper banner above her head that read, Rejoice or Peace or Hallelujah. They were called Hosanna People and their message was simple, yet bold. They captured my attention and spoke to my spirit.



Isn't that what we're called to be --Hosanna People? When I recognize who God is, then surely I must live under a banner of praise and joy. Too often the banners I carry reflect self-righteousness or unloving attitudes rather than devotion.

King David was a true Hosanna person. Psalms 146 through 150 are called the Hallelujah Psalms because each begins and ends with Hallelujah, which means Praise the Lord. What a fitting climax to the most meaningful songbook ever written.

Oh, that I could go through my complicated life as a simple, smiling peasant living under a banner of praise!

Friends, join me and let's celebrate Christmas as true Hosanna People.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.