Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hosanna People

As I browsed through a holiday craft bazaar, I spied several small, stuffed dolls hanging on a Christmas tree. They were plain little peasant ladies in burlap dresses and calico bandanas. Each carried a banner above her head reading, "Rejoice" or "Peace" or "Hallelujah." They were called Hosanna People and their message was simple, yet bold. Amid all the lovely elegant decorations, they captured my attention and spoke to my spirit.


His Banner Over Me is Love...

 Isn't that what we're called to be--Hosanna People? When I recognize who God is, then surely I must live under a banner of praise and joy. Too often the banners I carry reflect self-rightousness or unloving attitudes rather than devotion.

King David was a true Hosanna person. Psalms 146 through 150 are called the Hallelujah Psalms because each begins and ends with "Hallelujah," which means "Praise the Lord." What a fitting climax to the most meaningful songbook ever written.


Oh, that I could go through my complicated life as a simple, smiling peasant, living under a banner of praise. Join me and let's enter the new year as Hosanna People. We need it and the world needs it.

2015 will be a great year if we begin and end by praising God, and if we look to him in faith every day in between.

May you all have a blessed new year, filled with praises to God!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.