Sunday, February 1, 2015

Peace That Makes No Sense

Inner Turmoil:
  • Disharmony with loved ones
  • World News
  • Tragedy of any kind
  • Loss
  • Too Many Responsibilities/Too Little Time
  • Loneliness
  • Feeling Unloved
  • Health Problems
  • Computer Malfunctions
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
Inner Peace:
  • Harmony
  • Love
  • Warmth
  • Health
  • Hope
  • Joy
  • Happy Stories
  • Giving to Others
  • Overcoming Grief
  • Rest
  • Time to Spare
  • Socializing with Friends
  • Feeling Loved
  • Being Productive or Successful
  • Computer Running Smoothly!
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
  • Etc.

Conclusion:

     I can't do anything about items in the first list. I can TRUST God to accompany me through the tragedies of living and to give me HOPE.

Paul writes of the peace that passes understanding. Remember singing that as a child in Sunday School? It was a musical tongue-twister.

I stand amazed when I consider Paul lived a very stressful life--decidedly un-peaceful. That is why his message rings true. Even in the midst of political upheaval, persecution, shipwreck, torture, relationship problems, and his own impending death, he writes with conviction of God's peace

It was available to Paul and it is available to you and me, in our messed up society in the year 2015.
 
 
It is a peace that doesn't makes sense.
 
 
 
Jesus said it best:
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14: 27)

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.