Thursday, April 16, 2015

God's Personal Fingerprint

More about fingerprints: I look at my life and see God’s fingerprints placed on me in a very personal way. As I look back I am astonished and reassured he was with me always. His timing was perfect, though I often questioned it when waiting for answered prayers. Opportunities and closed doors gently guided me to his plan for my life.

I remember certain people God placed in my life at the exact time I needed their support or instruction. Churches, Bible studies or small groups were all part of God’s loving hand directing me--no, tugging me--toward him.

Even tragedies served to let me know God’s touch was upon me. My mother died when I was 28 years old. She was the emotional rock of our family and we all were devastated. It took me a full painful year to come to terms with losing her, but in the healing process I learned how to comfort others who lose loved ones.

Tragedies hit all families and ours has not escaped. In spite of it all, I have learned to walk with God moment by moment, even sometimes breath by breath. He can be trusted because his fingerprints are on me and I am comforted.

Make it a practice to look for God’s touches in nature and in art and then look back on your life to see his fingerprints on you personally. Nothing is more reassuring than this promise:  “See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;…” (Isaiah 49: 16)

If you know someone who needs to hear that God's fingerprints are on their lives, share this with them using the social media icons below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.