Thursday, April 30, 2015

More on Motorcycle Clubs

Let me rerun a blog from last August that piggybacks nicely on the previous one about the organization, Bikers Against Child Abuse. It just shows there are motorcycle lovers out their doing good work, even sharing the Gospel! Enjoy.

 A happy encounter in Banff, Alberta, Canada:

It was our last morning in this magnificent town in the National Park and we were waiting for the airport shuttle to drive us to Calgary Airport for our return to Arizona. I took one last walk to soak up the cool, crisp, clean mountain air and view the magnificent mountains surrounding the town.



Towards the end of my walk I saw a group of motorcycle dudes standing around a gas station. There were six of them, three men and three women, all wearing the characteristic leather jackets, bandanas, boots, etc. The men were big and burly, some with bushy beards (aka Duck Dynasty) or pony tails. The women looked competent as they gassed up the bikes and adjusted their helmets.

What intrigued me was the insignia on the backs of their jackets:  a cross with Tribe of Judah Motorcycle Ministries. I just had to stop.

I introduced myself as a fellow Christian and asked about their ministry. There were other Christian symbols on their jackets. One guy even had the date he was "born again" stitched on his leather vest and they all had "Jesus is Lord" on their backs. We enjoyed a delightful 20-minute visit right there at the gas station.

I told them they were living my husband's dream, as he would love for the two of us to ride around the country on a fancy motorcycle. Sadly, he's married to a wimp who doesn't relish speeding along the highway just inches from asphalt and hanging on for dear life. 

The three couples were traveling from Montana to Banff and on to Lake Louise to see the grandeur of the area and to be open to opportunities to share the gospel with hurting people. They insisted they are not a motorcycle club (or gang) but a Motorcycle Ministry looking for God appointments.

They often go into bars (because they can) to be available to anyone who wants to talk or share a need for prayer. They're not pushy and keep things low key. They're approachable because everyone loves to talk to a biker guy and a motorcycle mama, right?


Prayer Meeting at the Gas Station 

 

After a while they asked if I would join them in prayer before they headed off to Lake Louise. There I stood in a circle of prayer with my new biker friends right on the main street in Banff, the one that runs from the TransCanada Highway to the remote terrain of the Canadian Rockies.

They prayed for me and I prayed for them. They closed by asking God for, "Safe travels and no critters on the road!" I left with hugs all around as they roared off and I returned to finish packing for my trip home.

So, yes. God lives in the beauty of the Canadian Rockies and he lives in the people I encountered on our visit--especially the six bikers who are earnest about sharing God's love with anyone they meet.



* * * * *

I'd like to echo the prayer of my new biker friends for everyone kind enough to read this post:

May God give you safe travels (through life) with no critters on the road!   

 




(Won't my Grandkids be impressed to hear I'm hangin' with the bikers!)
I've since learned Tribe of Judah, is a national--no, make that international--organization that aims to share the gospel with outlaw motorcycle riders. And...grandmas going out for their morning stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.