Thursday, January 7, 2016

Blessed 2016

By now we're well into 2016 and perhaps on the road to living out new resolutions for improved lives. I am a person who doesn't make resolutions, but who sets goals each year. Somehow it energizes me and helps me navigate through a new year or a new phase of life.

Here are a few simple suggestions for planning the upcoming year:
  • Make a Mission Statement for yourself. (I stole this idea from author Debbie Macomber.). Companies operate under mission statements to ensure all employees are on the same page. I've tried it for several years and it works. It highlights what values are important to me and is a reminder to focus on those values as I live life. Keep it short, sweet, and meaningful. Try it.
  • List the priorities in your life. What is important to you? What supports your Mission Statement?
  • List the goals for each priority. What specifically do you want to accomplish in 2016?
  • If you're really into this planning thing, list the steps to achieving your goals. (Optional)
  • This is the fun part: revisit this list every three or four months. It keeps you on track and lets you see what you've accomplished. You feel very productive.

My wish for you, my electronic friends:  a productive year and a calm year filled with God's peace and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dialog. Remember to click "Publish" so your comment will be posted.